About Our Course Owners
Contact the NGCOA
Manage My Account
Refer a member
Site Search | Help
Golf Business Conference 2019 Announces Education Highlights
Charleston, S.C. (December 12, 2018) - Golf Business Conference 2019's 20+ education sessions, aligned into three tracks, feature expert speakers in various aspects of golf course operations, marketing and hospitality.
The conference, hosted by the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA), is the largest annual meeting of golf course owners and operators, and welcomes the participation of all courses regardless of size or type.
2019’s event will be held February 5-7 in San Diego, CA at the Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Attendees save $100 on registration through January 21; find event details, the full agenda and online registration at www.golfbusinessconference.com.
All sessions are eligible for continuing education units (CEUs) for Professional Golfers Association (PGA), Ladies Professional Golf Association (LPGA), Club Management Association of America (CMAA), and Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA).
Here is just a sample of GBC19’s education sessions:
- Opening Keynote: Together we are Limitless by Jeremy Poincenot, Inspirational Speaker, Coach and World Blind Golf Champion
- General Session: A Day in the Life of a Nerdy Golf Course Operator by Beth Ziesenis, Author, Your Nerdy Best Friend
- General Session: Unlocking The Hidden Value in Your Golf Facility by John King, Co-Founder, Golf Marketing University
- Pre-Conference Master Class: Money Making Marketing: 3 Simple Steps To Record-Breaking Sales & Profitability at Your Club by John King, Co-Founder, Golf Marketing University
- Making Your Facility Accessible and Welcoming for Individuals with Disabilities by Steve Jubb, CEO/Executive Director, National Alliance for Accessible Golf
- Finding the Right Fit by John Cunningham, General Manager, Aronimink Golf Club
- Pre-Conference Master Class: “Broadcasting Your Business Story” Learn the Art of Promotion and Delivery by Kraig Kann, Managing Director, Kann Advisory Group
- Marketing to Millennials Marketing to Millennials && More: What You Need to Know, Now! moderated by Glenn Gray, Vice President, Buffalo.Agency; with panelists Jeehae Lee, Director of Business Strategy, Topgolf; Tony Santelli, Social Media Manager, Adidas Golf; and Tony Starks, Associate Editor, PGA Magazine/Golf Range Magazine
- Create a Sustainable Marketing Plan by Allison George, Wizard of Fun, Toad Valley Golf Course
- Updating your Food and Beverage Options by Whitney Reid Pennell, President, RCS Hospitality Group
- Maximizing the Experience: Facilitating Good Cheer -- from Beginning to End by Ed Ormsby, Principal, ormsbyte Maximizing the Experience: Facilitating Good Cheer -- from Beginning to End by Ed Ormsby, Principal, ormsbyte &Associates
- “Have them at Hello” -- Mastering Connection “Have them at Hello” -- Mastering Connection &Building Loyalty by Kraig Kann, Managing Director, Kann Advisory Group
See the entire educational lineup at www.golfbusinessconference.com/agenda
About Golf Business Conference
Golf Business Conference, hosted by the NGCOA, is the industry’s largest annual gathering of golf course owners and operators, and welcomes all courses regardless of size or type. Attendees will experience educational sessions and master classes on the most critical areas of golf course operations, a casual and fun golf outing at The Crosby Club, numerous networking opportunities, an awards banquet to recognize some of the most significant contributors to the golf industry, and so much more. Golf Business Conference also coincides with the annual Golf Industry Show, which includes exhibits, demonstrations, and additional networking opportunities. Visit golfbusinessconference.com for more information.
About the National Golf Course Owners Association
The NGCOA is the leading authority on the business of golf course ownership and management. The association represents and promotes the interests of golf courses as the principal businesses and economic assets of the game of golf. The not-for-profit organization is the only trade association dedicated exclusively to golf course owners and operators. Through advocacy, education and information resources, purchasing programs and networking opportunities, the NGCOA helps golf course owners and operators run more successful businesses. For more information, visit ngcoa.org or call 1-800-933-4262.
Director of Marketing and Communications